We firmly believe that industry must continue to be an active partner in promoting the unique role of concrete in sustainable construction solutions. We therefore propose the following commitments:
- Work with key stakeholders to develop a blueprint for filling the affordable housing gap in Europe.
- Work with policy-makers and relevant stakeholders to study the economics of sustainable construction.
- Engage with educational institutions to encourage skills development for the concrete industry and a deep knowledge of concrete's potential in sustainable construction.
- Provide industry input to European standards to further the goals of a low-carbon Europe and maximise the use of recycled products.
- Promote life-cycle analysis of buildings in accordance with European standards by providing the necessary Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs)
- Provide guidance to specifiers, architects and builders on maximising the advantages of the thermal mass of concrete, contributing to greater energy efficiency.
- Further develop best practices for rehabilitating quarries as protected biodiversity hotspots.