During the renovation, the concrete bridge-deck was designed to work with the steel elements as a composite structure. The composite structure requires keeping the level of shrinkage of the concrete deck low.
The Concrete Division of Sika Hungary Ltd. recommended two different solutions. To select the best solution, the structural engineers undertook a preliminary examination by the Department of Construction Materials and Engineering Geology of Budapest University of Technology and Economics (BME).
- 150 x 150 x 150 mm cubes for compressive strength and freezing tests
- 70 x 70 x 250 mm beams for flexural test and frost resistance and shrinkage measurements
- 200 x 200 x 120 mm for waterproofing tests
- Under water
- Roll up in foil
- In humidity atmosphere; 20°C temperature and 65% relative humidity
- With curing agent
- Country: Hungary
- Year of renovation work: 2007-2009
- Year of completion: 2009
- Total length: 333,6 m
- Width: 20,1m
- Rebuilds after the II World War: 1945; 1946
- Owner: Hungarian State
- Designer of renovation: FÖMTERV Co.
- Main contractors:
- Hídépítő Co.
- Hídtechnika Ltd.
- Közgép Co.
- Vegyépszer Co.
- Executor of concrete works: Monotop Ltd.
- Ready-mix producer: TBG Hungária Beton Ltd.
- Admixture supplier: Sika Hungária Ltd