German College of Madrid
German College was built with architectural White Agilia concrete, exposed white Artevia pavement and Hydromedia.
Artevia and Agilia white concrete offer the possibility of using recycled aggregates and due to the white colour, it requires less lighting thanks to its tonality, resulting in lower power consumption. Furthermore, white concrete decreases the island effect in the cities.
To complete sustainable solutions in this project, Hydromedia has been used to build the childrens' playground in the event of rain. The playground is permeable therefore it avoids puddles while providing a sustainable water management system.
- Country: Spain
- Year of completion: 2015
- Owner: German Government
- Construction : Formento de Construcciones y Contratas S.A. & Viasy Construcciones S.A.
- Architect: Günlucht Ernst Planungsgesellschaft Berlin GmbH
- Engineering: BBR Referat IIIS2 Sra Brod, Sr. Ott
- On-site Manager: BBR Referat IIIA1 Sr. Machens
- Budget: €56m
- Concrete volume:
- Standard concrete 33900 m3
- White SCC: 7500 m3
- Total surface: 27063m2